• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The case of the lost DHL package, who is liable ..?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The case of the lost DHL package, who is liable ..?

I ordered something small from amazon.co.uk, DHL delivered the package to a neighbours house as no one was in at our address but the stupid neighbour signs for it and then decides to stick the parcel into a random post box.

What would you do in this case ? hope that Royal mail will contact you at head office (fat chance) or go to DHL and demand a full refund or demand that the neighbour should cough up as they accepted the package and duly disposed of it in an irresponsible way. No instructions to leave the parcel at the neighbours was given.

cheers
    Last edited by sbakoola; 1 October 2013, 22:16.

Contact Amazon and they will send you another one.

I've had:
    1. Postman deliver parcels to the doorstep and they have been stolen.
    2. Couriers not manage to deliver parcels
    3. Couriers lie about delivering parcels

In all cases if the parcel has gone missing Amazon have replaced it, and ask Amazon if it's possible to send the parcel by Royal Mail - currently postmen generally aren't thieves.

Edited to say: The individual courier pays as they get sacked by the courier company if they can't get the parcel to you before Amazon replaces it.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 1 October 2013, 22:18.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
      No instructions to leave the parcel at the neighbours was given.
      Go back to Amazon and tell them what happened - it's up to them to sort it out. You will have no sway over DHL because you have no contract with them, it's Amazon who has the contract.
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

WWS

Your contract is with Amazon, no-one else. Speak to them and they will send another out. Down to them to take it up with Amazon

Comment

Ring Amazon. They will just deal with it .....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Talk to Amazon.

I can't believe no-one else has suggested this yet.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
              Talk to Amazon.

I believe we may have just found a replacement for "have you tried bleeding the radiators".

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
                Talk to Amazon.

I think most of your very few posts have made me laugh.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I would suggest that you contact Amazon and solve this.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

You have a couple of options -
                    contact amazon or knock on loads of doors asking if they have your parcel

Comment

Working...
                    X