• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this fair?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this fair?

In the B&B last night, I did , as I often do, and had a trawl of political websites.
    I'm currently on a Vodaphone dongle & what happenedast night shocked me somewhat.

While I had no problem accessing the mainstream parties ( including ukip) access to the bnp and edl was blocked. Unless I verified myself with a credit card. On the other hand, I had no problem accessing sites representing the extreme left, e.g. communist party of Britain.

Fair enough?

Report them to ofcom and see what they say.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Next year it will get worse

Part of the pron law being introduced any 'esoteric' content will be blocked by default which seems to be anything the government doesn't like which it can get away with blocking such as pagan websites
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        Next year it will get worse

Part of the pron law being introduced any 'esoteric' content will be blocked by default which seems to be anything the government doesn't like which it can get away with blocking such as pagan websites
        But you can always sign up for the pr0n, and of course your name will not be held on a list that will then be hacked & published as a list of paedophiles & perverts who should be removed from society
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          But you can always sign up for the pr0n, and of course your name will not be held on a list that will then be hacked & published as a list of paedophiles & perverts who should be removed from society
          And they'll never extend the list to block things they politically oppose, or use it to smear opponents
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Well, we've got to put those super-computers at the NSA and GCHQ to some use!

Comment

Of course it is wrong. All censorship of the internet is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
                In the B&B last night, I did , as I often do, and had a trawl of political websites.
                I'm currently on a Vodaphone dongle & what happenedast night shocked me somewhat.

While I had no problem accessing the mainstream parties ( including ukip) access to the bnp and edl was blocked. Unless I verified myself with a credit card. On the other hand, I had no problem accessing sites representing the extreme left, e.g. communist party of Britain.

Fair enough?
                Why not contact the BNP and EDL and explain that you want to access their sites but can't because your ISP won't let you access an adult site. They then kick up a fuss, get the oxygen of publicity about how they are being unfairly treated etc., and the block gets lifted.

Or ask Vodafone why the sites are being blocked, since they aren't adult sites, just racist ones.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
                  Why not contact the BNP and EDL and explain that you want to access their sites but can't because your ISP won't let you access an adult site. They then kick up a fuss, get the oxygen of publicity about how they are being unfairly treated etc., and the block gets lifted.

Or ask Vodafone why the sites are being blocked, since they aren't adult sites, just racist ones.
                  The BNP and EDL websites are racist? Where's your proof?

Comment

Working...
                  X