• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dumbass Cyclists!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumbass Cyclists!

BBC News - Level crossing cyclist in 'nearest miss' with train

A cyclist came within seconds of being struck by a train when she tried to dodge a closed level crossing barrier in Cambridgeshire.

The train driver was forced to apply the emergency brake when he saw the woman at Waterbeach on 12 September.

Richard Schofield, from Network Rail, said it was "one of the closest near misses we've seen".

British Transport Police are trying to trace the woman, who also ignored the flashing lights and warning signals.
    And I only thought it was road signals they ignored
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

So nearly a Darwin award. Better luck next year.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Natural selection at work
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        BBC News - Level crossing cyclist in 'nearest miss' with train

And I only thought it was road signals they ignored
        I wonder why she seems to have turned round and gone back the other way.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
          Natural selection at work
          I'd say natural selection failed in this case.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I'm just pleased the BBC have fixed their spelling of "brake". When I read that this morning they'd used "break" throughout.

Bloody BBC.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              I'd say natural selection failed in this case.
              Sadly yes. That being said for the train driver and witnesses it would be an ugly sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I wonder why she seems to have turned round and gone back the other way.
                hopefully to change her underpants because she shat herself?

bloody idiot.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I hope they find her, publish her picture, take her bike off her, at an apology to the train driver and charge her. We need more of this published!

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                    I hope they find her, publish her picture, take her bike off her, at an apology to the train driver and charge her.
                    Of course they won't. Nor will they crack down on all the pricks who sail through red lights. The cycling lobby is far to powerful.
                    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                    X