• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In a Rut

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a Rut

Off for an afternoon walk in Bradgate Park, to see (or more likely hear) if the rut has started

Apparently tourist income has seen a boost from those coming afar for the rutting season. Almost treating like some sort of safari. It never used to attract so many tourist.

BBC News - Deer rutting boost for Scottish tourism
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Did a circuit of Richmond Park the other night on the way home, well technically not on the way home as it was 15 miles out of the way but meh. Anyway, lots of very big deer with very big antlers sitting around doing feck all by the side of the road and not a rut in sight.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I'm off for a walk in Hatfield Forest this Sunday. It was Henry VIII's hunting ground and there are hundreds of deer.

Comment

Perhaps the deer are too busy trying to spot the start of the dogging season
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Well, a red deer nearby made a bit of noise in a desultory manner towards the end of my walk, but the fallow deer didn't seem to be in the swing of things yet. Very relaxing walk though

Comment

Is this like dogging for posh people?
              Last edited by SimonMac; 2 October 2013, 16:56.
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

a friend of mine <cough>, just went onto a popular pron site and typed in 'deer rutting'

there was a match - 'two blondes..'

un-be-flippin-leivable.

and disgusting, of course
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Some pics, linkified to full-size versions:

This chap was not far from the gate, apparently not that chuffed at being papped:

The ruins of the Grey family's house (as in Lady Jane Grey):

It was a bit misty, as you can see from this shot looking up the hill towards Old John folly:

There were a few of these little yellow flowers hanging around in an out-of-the-way spot:

Doe! (Two, actually):

And a final look down from a rocky bit at the River Lin:

Overall rating: much better than being in a ClientCo office

Comment

thats one cracking camera you must pack.

do you carry bino's as well ?
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X