• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car chased by motorbike gang! WTF???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car chased by motorbike gang! WTF???

just speechless...

New York bikers chase family in Range Rover after road confrontation

Terrifying

What on earth is wrong with some people?
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
      Terrifying

What on earth is wrong with some people?
      Yeah, just driving in the middle lane for the hell of it. What is wrong with some people?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

That could have fitted adequately in one of the Mad Max films, mob violence mentality.

It being the US it could easily have ended in gunfire too. Pretty grim stuff.

Comment

There are 2 versions of the video going around, if you see the full version the guy in the range rover just drives through several bikers putting one in a coma.

poth parties were at fault the bikers were in the wrong for being in the middle of the road and the driver of the range may have been scared and paniced and drove through them, it's not a clear cut case

Comment

Well I'm with the bikers on this one.

The worst thing that can happen as a biker is having the rear wheel hit by the bumper of a following car. It's well dangerous.

Watch the video again, the range rover throws the first punch. Probably the driver panicked being surrounded.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Armoured Range Rover Vogue Photo Gallery : International Armoring Corporation (London) Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                The worst thing that can happen as a biker is having the rear wheel hit by the bumper of a following car. It's well dangerous.

Watch the video again, the range rover throws the first punch. Probably the driver panicked being surrounded.
                Good point, I missed that last time. Is there information on what was happening before the surrounding? It they were trying to cause problems then I am less sympathetic. If they were just driving then I am not surprised they were angry.

Did the driver lose concentration, rear end the motorcycle and then panic? I am guessing it was panic as most drivers of range rovers would not expect to be able to out speed a motorcycle gang.
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Do you mean the bit near the start where a biker pulls in front of the Range Rover and then starts slowing down, while looking behind himself at the car, as if he's trying to force the driver to stop?

[EDIT: He may not have been looking back at the car, but does appear to have pulled in front and then slowed down while looking over his other shoulder. With bikes going past on both sides I'd imaging the driver was probably quite distracted and probably didn't see this guy slowing down]

The biggest unclear thing about this is near the start where you see the driver suddenly pull away, obviously piling over the top of a couple of bikes. What you can't see is whether he had a reason to do so, such as them trying to pull his doors open as they do later.
                  I have a feeling the whole incident must have started even earlier than the video. A wild guess would be something like a near miss, or one party or the other getting cut up, and road rage escalated.

As for later on, once he'd already had bikers trying to open the car doors, I'm surprised that when the next lot started trying to overtake him he didn't just swerve over and sideswipe them.
                  Last edited by Ticktock; 2 October 2013, 13:49.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                    Good point, I missed that last time. Is there information on what was happening before the surrounding? It they were trying to cause problems then I am less sympathetic. If they were just driving then I am not surprised they were angry.

Did the driver lose concentration, rear end the motorcycle and then panic? I am guessing it was panic as most drivers of range rovers would not expect to be able to out speed a motorcycle gang.
                    Many moons ago I was driving late a night heading south from Oban, no streets lights for the next 30 miles, no other cars seen whatsoever. Then out of no where these two bikers appeared sitting on my bumper. One of them would start to overtake me, and with no oncoming traffic, he/she just sit there level with me.

They'd did this until I saw a petrol station 20 miles or so later.

I was bricking it.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X