• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

By special request

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By special request

Courtesy of a certain dog licking his balls on the rug.

Suity update from the coalface.

Day 47 on new gig. Bored. Really bored. Bored titless.

I am babysitting 2 projects. I was hired as a BA. But there is no BA work to do as the delivery is done by delivery partner firms who do all their own analysis.

So I'm bored. Worse still, my direct report was getting on my case this morning about having nothing to do.

It went something like this :

Them : What you up to?
    Me : Using my time as constructively as possible.

Them : So you have nothing to do?
    Me : You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

Them : Have you spoke to the PMs?
    Me : Of course, numerous times.

Them : And?
    Me : They have nothing for me.

Them : Could you try speaking to them again?
    Me : Sure

30 mins later

Me : I spoke to them, nothing changed
    Them : In which case could you do xyz

Me : Already done.
    Them : Oh.

So now I'm getting the vibe off ClientCos permies who know I am bored and being paid to be bored.

That said, I have tried on numerous occasions to play the good consultant, tell them what's wrong, suggest how it can be fixed, suggest how I could contribute to the cause etc.

Knowledge is power. No one wants to share. No one wants any help. Everyone works in their little bubble, even if that means delivering tulipe.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

I have this to say.

and finally

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      I was hired as a BA. But there is no BA work to do as the delivery is done by delivery partner firms who do all their own analysis.
      Didn't your interview uncover that?
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I have had a few weeks like that while project was in UAT, used the time constructively to add another ban notch to my bedpost.

Comment

I've had this for about the last 4 months. Audiobooks are quite good while scrolling up and down through spreadsheets.

Sometimes I use arrow keys to navigate around the cells to mix it up a bit.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            Didn't your interview uncover that?
            Great question! Clearly not. And I think it must be something about my interviewing technique that lets me down.

Is it so stupid to think that when folks are hiring they actually have work to keep the hired busy?

Comment

Great question! Clearly not. And I think it must be something about my interviewing technique that lets me down.

Is it so stupid to think that when folks are hiring they actually have work to keep the hired busy?
              Little did the client realise how efficient and hard working you were!

Sorry, just pissed myself laughing.

Comment

Courtesy of a certain dog licking his balls on the rug.

Suity update from the coalface.

Day 47 on new gig. Bored. Really bored. Bored titless.

I am babysitting 2 projects. I was hired as a BA. But there is no BA work to do as the delivery is done by delivery partner firms who do all their own analysis.

So I'm bored. Worse still, my direct report was getting on my case this morning about having nothing to do.

It went something like this :

Them : What you up to?
                Me : Using my time as constructively as possible.

Them : So you have nothing to do?
                Me : You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

Them : Have you spoke to the PMs?
                Me : Of course, numerous times.

Them : And?
                Me : They have nothing for me.

Them : Could you try speaking to them again?
                Me : Sure

30 mins later

Me : I spoke to them, nothing changed
                Them : In which case could you do xyz

Me : Already done.
                Them : Oh.

So now I'm getting the vibe off ClientCos permies who know I am bored and being paid to be bored.

That said, I have tried on numerous occasions to play the good consultant, tell them what's wrong, suggest how it can be fixed, suggest how I could contribute to the cause etc.

Knowledge is power. No one wants to share. No one wants any help. Everyone works in their little bubble, even if that means delivering tulipe.

TL;DR
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Well, I don't like to point out the obvious, but....
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    Well, I don't like to point out the obvious, but....
                    So how do you ask "Are you sure you have work for me to do?" without getting incredulous gasps from your audience?

Comment

Working...
                    X