• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news x2.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news x2.

1. I'd been offered a short extension a few weeks back (finishing at Christmas instead of early November), then my client contact buggered off on holiday. She was back today and I had a meeting where I said I'd need to be based out of London instead of Edinburgh if I was to accept. I just got a call from her to confirm that this has been agreed. That should net the Ltd about £720 an extra per month with the reduction in costs (may not be a huge amount, but more money is more money).

2. I was just about to phone home and let my secretary (I wish) / book-keeper (she is) / boss (she may be...) know that I'll be back home from next month, when she called me to tell me I have a £1600 cheque from HMRC waiting as a tax refund for y/e April '13, even though I hadn't put in my SA yet. My wife quickly put the SA through, and found that I owe nothing and the refund is accurate (well, 20p short), so banking the cheque at the weekend and trying to decide what toys to buy.

3. These things do come in threes don't they?

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    3. These things do come in threes don't they?
    Yes, your wife has run away from you with the milkman.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Yes, your wife has run away from you with the milkman.
      I meant good news for me, not her.
      If she buggered off I'd have to iron my own shirts, and each one takes me about 15 minutes.

I guess at least I'd be able to play my games and watch my shows without her trying to talk to me just when it gets to a good bit.

Comment

Working...
      X