• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You what? I've worked in this industry for 30 years & I can't understand the acronyms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You what? I've worked in this industry for 30 years & I can't understand the acronyms

Compound with silicon is the way ahead. | Manufacturing | Mannerisms

With Intel, IQE has developed a narrow fin-width 3-D Tri-gate InGaAs QWFET with the steepest sub-threshold swing and smallest DIBL ever reported for any high-K III-V FET.
    Sounds impressive whatever it means.

Drain-induced barrier lowering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gosh. still.

This stuff is becoming indistinguishable from magick.

Plus

http://electronicerror.blogspot.co.u...-well-fet.html

SAS will explain it all to us s later.

But I loved this bit:

The transistors were fabricated on a semi-insulating GaAs substrate using a relaxed metamorphic buffer layer of AlyIn1-ySb to accommodate lattice mismatch, a compressively strained InSb quantum well confined between layers of AlxIn1-xSb and a Schottky barrier metal gate
    Last edited by zeitghost; 31 May 2017, 13:58.

If I had the smallest DIBL ever I wouldn't be boasting about it.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
      If I had the smallest DIBL ever I wouldn't be boasting about it.
      My concern is that I've just read an article on it and I'm as confused now as I was to begin with.

I thought I understood what it was about until I got to the 10th paragraph on wikipedia and realised that

1) I don't actually understand it
      2) chances are I never will

I will ask my open university Physics lecturer neighbour to read that article tonight and confirm if I'm just beyond hope....
      Last edited by eek; 4 October 2013, 08:33.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        Its all basic electronics. They are talking about the current over a transistor gate. ... basically lower power for the same result...
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Its all basic electronics. They are talking about the current over a transistor gate. ... basically lower power for the same result...
          I thought it was mainly about faster switching. I've obviously been out of the game too long.

Comment

Isn't she lovely?

InGaAs = Indium Gallium Arsenide? (just having a guess)
            Am confident DIBL was a fireman in Trumpton.
            HTH
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
            X