• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Headhunted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headhunted

I'm being headhunted. Another company has approached me and I'm being asked how much do they have to pay for me to go and join their startup!

What should i ask for or Shall I now create a dozen threads about it and get banned for a week?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I'm being headhunted. Another company has approached me and I'm being asked how much do they have to pay for me to go and join their startup!

What should i ask for or Shall I now create a dozen threads about it and get banned for a week?
    Surely the question is:-

Can I work in the UK or do I have to spend half my life in the USA?
    Last edited by eek; 4 October 2013, 13:00.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Careful, being headhunted causes low-level IT geeks to get hot under the collar. Expect loads of abuse.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Am also being headhunted, but to live somewhere a bit rubbish. Not sure what to do but they're offering a lot.

Comment

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Ask them if all their airline tickets are flexible - sorted.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

take it as a second contract...oh wait!....
              Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Surely the question is:

Is this another fictional job?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Looks like it's 100% American, so that's that up the wall. I did one ridulous 20 hour day this week 4am - midnight and a 4am-10pm. As I'm waking up at 4am each night with insomnia as the go live approachs and the pressure builds I decided to say feck it and get up and work.

I've also put 5 people down to work two weekends out of the next 5.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Looks like it's 100% American, so that's that up the wall. I did one ridulous 20 hour day this week 4am - midnight and a 4am-10pm. As I'm waking up at 4am each night with insomnia as the go live approachs and the pressure builds I decided to say feck it and get up and work.

I've also put 5 people down to work two weekends out of the next 5.
                    You should work smarter not harder. It's not rocket science. Get your ducks in a row and stop going round the houses.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X