• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there any philatelist's on the forum?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any philatelist's on the forum?

Clearing the loft and found a shed load of stamps and first day covers, no inclination to go through them and couldn't even tell the good from the ordinary, what's the best to do with them? Would a collector make a job lot offer?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Pointless hobby. As my Dad used to say, Philately will get you nowhere...

IGMC
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

eBay? Probably worth giving them a cursory check for Penny Blacks and upside-down aircraft first, though.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Pointless hobby. As my Dad used to say, Philately will get you nowhere...

IGMC

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Clearing the loft and found a shed load of stamps and first day covers, no inclination to go through them and couldn't even tell the good from the ordinary, what's the best to do with them? Would a collector make a job lot offer?
          I thought that dressing up in pink Lycra, bring a fan of Downton Abbey and gnoshing off strangers in the men's toilets at Waterloo indicated you as a total raving packer of candy made from sugar, butter and cream but now you admit to stamp collecting as well!!!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I went through the missus junk.
            There was a suitcase full of her dads 1920 photography kit, with bazillions of photos on little glass plates, all annotated in excellent italic script
            a treasure trove

were the photography dept of salford uni interested ?
            were they fck

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I found a bunch recently. They weren't even printed properly, the plane was upside down.

They made a good BBQ starter though
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                I went through the missus junk.
                There was a suitcase full of her dads 1920 photography kit, with bazillions of photos on little glass plates, all annotated in excellent italic script
                a treasure trove

were the photography dept of salford uni interested ?
                were they fck

Funny you say that there is a few thousand camera slides but my dad is taking them over to Spain to spend his retirement going through!

Comment

Whose are they and how long have they been there?

The other thing is, you might want someone you can trust who knows a good stamp to go through them first.

Comment

I know the feeling. Got two full stamp albums of stamps the kids collected when little. Are they worth anything? No idea, but hate to chuck em , not as though they occupy much space. Let them decide when I snuff it in 20 years.

Or tomorrow, if I keep drinking so much.

gnoshing off strangers in the men's toilets at Waterloo
                    I thought he sounded familiar.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X