• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dumb Investors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb Investors

Long-Dead Tweeter Soars; Some Seek Twitter? - MoneyBeat - WSJ
    Tweeter Home Entertainment is all caught up in the Twitter frenzy.

Tweeter filed for bankruptcy in November 2008, days before fellow electronics chain Circuit City, and both closed their stores soon thereafter. But TWTRQ shares are soaring on Friday for no other reason than its company name looks and sounds just like Twitter. Tweeter’s ticker symbol is also just one letter off the one Twitter chose: TWTR.

Tweeter surged 1800% to 13 cents on volume of 4.2 million shares; there’s nearly 26 million outstanding shares, according to FactSet.

Morons

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Long-Dead Tweeter Soars; Some Seek Twitter? - MoneyBeat - WSJ
    Tweeter Home Entertainment is all caught up in the Twitter frenzy.

Tweeter filed for bankruptcy in November 2008, days before fellow electronics chain Circuit City, and both closed their stores soon thereafter. But TWTRQ shares are soaring on Friday for no other reason than its company name looks and sounds just like Twitter. Tweeter’s ticker symbol is also just one letter off the one Twitter chose: TWTR.

Tweeter surged 1800% to 13 cents on volume of 4.2 million shares; there’s nearly 26 million outstanding shares, according to FactSet.

Morons
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

It's no worse than the pricing of bitcoin.

Comment

I think the Q on the end of the ticker symbol is actually a convention meaning bankruptcy.

The "penny stocks" arena is actually quite interesting. Largely unregulated, which makes it a playground for scammers.
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
          I think the Q on the end of the ticker symbol is actually a convention meaning bankruptcy.

The "penny stocks" arena is actually quite interesting. Largely unregulated, which makes it a playground for scammers.
          During the mid- to late-Eighties bubble there was a company that advertised a subscription newsletter which would help you get rich by investing in penny stocks. Their poster child, the company they'd recommended and which would have made you rich already if only you'd subscribed earlier, was Polly Peck

Comment

Working...
          X