• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kevin McCloud's Man Made Home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin McCloud's Man Made Home

Did anyone seriously think a man nailing bits onto his shed would make a series of watchable TV?

I quite enjoy it, he encourages you to dream, he is the Tony Hart of the architecture world.

A bit pretentious and hasn't got Norks like Beeny but he is fun.

but as the drunk posh bird on Gogglebox said 'does he realise he is such an arse?'
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I think it sounds fascinating. I spent 90 minutes sorting out old locks from old door handles in my shed today and putting them in separate boxes. Anyone who keeps locks and door handles in the same box has no grasp of what is important in my view.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I found the first series pretty interesting and I quite like Kevin, but the current series just seems a bit daft. I only watched the first episode so far but I get the feeling the first series was genuinely something he wanted to do, and the second series Channel4 were just desperate to continue it. Starting a brand new project might have been better.

I don't like the format either, every episode basically shows every single interesting thing that will happen at the start, then repeats it before and after every advert break. They do the same on Heston's programs. By UK standards this is high-brow TV for educated middle-class viewers, not American viewers!
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X