• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interviewing mid-contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interviewing mid-contract

Do you interview mid-contract to stay current with what's out there in terms of rates and roles?

So there's a role spec that feels right, but your renewal is still a few months away. Is talking to the hiring manager early improves or reduces your chances that in a few months time your name will spring to his mind?

Cheers.

No unless you are NorthWestPerm2Contractor
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Care to elaborate? ))

Comment

Originally posted by mickey View Post
        Care to elaborate? ))
        No

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I'm not gonna waste my time, and my money interviewing for a job I'm not gonna take, and as for getting in good with the hiring manager a few months down the line a) they probably won't remember you and b) they want someone now not later

Comment

Do you interview mid-contract to stay current with what's out there in terms of rates and roles?
            No. Ridiculous waste of my time and theirs.

So there's a role spec that feels right, but your renewal is still a few months away. Is talking to the hiring manager early improves or reduces your chances that in a few months time your name will spring to his mind?
            The only way that the agent might remember you is as that annoying twat who wasted their time and mine, trying to get a role that I needed to start straight away and couldn't start for a few months.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

I'm not gonna waste my time, and my money interviewing for a job I'm not gonna take, and as for getting in good with the hiring manager a few months down the line a) they probably won't remember you and b) they want someone now not later

Unless, you want to take the mickey...
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                Unless, you want to take the mickey...
                I assume there is a lot of piss taking around this

Comment

no

gaps between contracts are holidays.
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X