• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom - Frontrunning W/C 7/10/2013

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom - Frontrunning W/C 7/10/2013

Fukushima worker accidentally switches off cooling pump.

Fukushima worker accidentally switches off cooling pumps, backup kicks in - World News

Thousands of people in Japan suffering from persistent and unexplained nosebleeds.

Thousands in Japan Suffering Massive And Recurring Nosebleeds In Recent Days « nuclear-news

America shutdown starting to hit businesses.

BBC News - US shutdown is starting to hit business, says Commerce Secretary

Yellowstone Volcana is waking up and would wipe out America if it erupted.

» Yellowstone Supervolcano Alert: The Most Dangerous Volcano In America Is Roaring To Life Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

A Bob Geldof says climate change will wipe out man in 17 years time.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

He's just in a bad mood because he doesn't like Mondays.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

As long as Bob Geldof is one of those wiped out I can accept the rest as collateral damage!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Which man? And why just him?
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Thanks for sharing suity. Article started promisingly enough, but I started to get suspicious at:

According to the Daily Mail,

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Well that telex machine* is still too clean.

*when was the last time anyone saw a telex machine?
              Are they still around?
              Yep, it's used on ships and it's still used for money transfers to and from some countries. Saw one in a bank in Dar es Salaam a couple of years ago, but I think they're phasing them out in favour of this here newfangled internet.

Comment

It'll never catch on.
                At least telex has sex appeal.

Comment

Well that telex machine* is still too clean.

*when was the last time anyone saw a telex machine?
                  Are they still around?
                  Under the delayed flight legislation, if your flight is delayed or you are denied boarding, they have to give you two phone calls, emails or telexes.

British Midland looked blank when I demanded a telex machine when I was denied boarding
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Fukushima worker accidentally switches off cooling pump.

Fukushima worker accidentally switches off cooling pumps, backup kicks in - World News

Thousands of people in Japan suffering from persistent and unexplained nosebleeds. ...
                    Seeing as most of the ongoing problems are caused by concentrated Uranium 235 continuing fission reactions, I wonder if paradoxically the quickest, cheapest and most effective long-term solution wouldn't be wait for an offshore wind and rain, and then simply set off a ground level 10 megaton nuclear explosion to vapourise and disperse the whole kaboodle.

The snag is that would of course produce a large amount of extra irradiated dust, and cause damage for miles around. But hopefully most dust would soon sink to the bottom of the Pacific.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X