• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Blame Culture

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Blame Culture

ClientCo has a no blame culture, luckily CUK does not.

EEK BROKE SYSTEST!!!!

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    ClientCo has a no blame culture, luckily CUK does not.

EEK BROKE SYSTEST!!!!

He's not going to hand the soap over to you tonight when you're in the shower. He's going to drop it. You better brace yourself.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      He's not going to hand the soap over to you tonight when you're in the shower. He's going to drop it. You better brace yourself.
      You think we are that subtle?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh eek.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

To the environment manager who announced halfway through a 2 day development circle that he wanted to deploy NOW all I can say is

MEH!!!!

You're lucky I got things in a deployable state anytime yesterday when I wasn't due to finish to today..... The fact I put a file in 1 solution, it worked and didn't highlight the issue is more a CRM "feature" than user error.
          Last edited by eek; 8 October 2013, 09:10.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Ooooooooooooooooooh Simon
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              To the environment manager who announced halfway through a 2 day development circle that he wanted to deploy NOW all I can say is

MEH!!!!

You're lucky I get things in a deployable state before close of play today..... The fact I put a file in 1 solution and it seemed to work is more a CRM feature than user error.
              Everyone else was ready

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Everyone else was ready
                No one else was doing a bit of work that broke everything and was estimated to take two days...

If someone had said during the scrum that the deployment was going yesterday rather than Tuesday I wouldn't have started the work.....

Why exactly have we deployed a version that has fundamental defects in it again?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  No one else was doing a bit of work that broke everything and was estimated to take two days...

If some had said during the scrum that the deployment was going yesterday rather than Tuesday I wouldn't have started the work.....

Why exactly have we deployed a version that has fundamental defects in it again?
                  Because the project plan says we deploy so we deploy - stop trying to insert logic and code faster man....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Because the project plan says we deploy so we deploy - stop trying to insert logic and code faster man....
                    That would be fine of it was a scheduled deployment. It wasn't and we will need to do another one when I fix the next issue

Comment

Working...
                    X