• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HSMP: What shall do ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSMP: What shall do ?

Hey ,

I have about 4 years of work exp. and aged about 26 years old. I am applying for HSMP but caught in cross roads as I need to get a reference letter from current employer to prove that I have worked for 4 yeras to get 35 points for my experience. But it is risky to ask for a refference from my currnt employer. I dont want them to get a hint unless its in Bag. How do I go about ? dont you feel asking for ref from employer is stupid and HSMP should get away with it ? Else I should resign he job and apply for HSMP.....its not prudent either..........

Guys please air your views.....'

Originally posted by Chanveda
    Hey ,

I have about 4 years of work exp. and aged about 26 years old. I am applying for HSMP but caught in cross roads as I need to get a reference letter from current employer to prove that I have worked for 4 yeras to get 35 points for my experience. But it is risky to ask for a refference from my currnt employer. I dont want them to get a hint unless its in Bag. How do I go about ? dont you feel asking for ref from employer is stupid and HSMP should get away with it ? Else I should resign he job and apply for HSMP.....its not prudent either..........

Guys please air your views.....'
    Are you 25 or 27?

At the end of the day if HSMP do contact your current employers what are they going to do Fire you? - I think not.
    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

HSMP is a Highly Skilled Migration Program. They would want to see some proof of work experience, payslips could be such proof.

Comment

Welcome aboard, Chanveda...

The HSMP bureacrats NEVER, EVER bother to check references, qualifications, or certifications. I added two Masters degrees, seven certifications, and got my uncle and brother to provide two glowing, exemplary references. If you can talk the talk, you're in. I say, go for it!!

Comment

Re: Welcom Abroad

Originally posted by white-anglo-reactionary
          The HSMP bureacrats NEVER, EVER bother to check references, qualifications, or certifications. I added two Masters degrees, seven certifications, and got my uncle and brother to provide two glowing, exemplary references. If you can talk the talk, you're in. I say, go for it!!
          Ohh ! thats cool, but looks bit risky anyways thanks for the advice

Comment

You dont need a Visa, or a work permit -and passports, well, if you lose it we will give you a nice shiny red one. And remember, taxes are optional in Britain.

Welcome to paradise!

We all just get along and love one another over here.
            Last edited by mcquiggd; 8 August 2006, 06:34.
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
              You dont need a Visa, or a work permit -and passports, well, if you lose it we will give you a nice shiny red one. And remember, taxes are optional in Britain.

Welcome to paradise!

Fill ya boots!
              l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Paradise...

Originally posted by mcquiggd

Welcome to paradise!

Hurray... its a paradise out there.....:-)....

luckily I am lil bit aware of the situtaion out there thanks to media

hey if you have an advice.... you are welcome......particularly about the job market there.....I have the geniuene documents and expertise.....

Comment

My advice is to ensure you are not classed as tax resident here.

Our government only spend it on pointless wars, benefits for the undesserving and pension for civil servants.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Chanveda
                    hey if you have an advice.... you are welcome......particularly about the job market there.....I have the geniuene documents and expertise.....
                    What do you need a job for, haven't you heard of our wonderful benefits system?
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X