• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jesus was invented by the romans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus was invented by the romans

This could be a moment

I wonder if they will blame it on Brian ?
    Doing the needful since 1827

OLOBQ

what have the Romans ever done for us?
    could be a corker, lets see is he follow it up with "Mohamed was a carpet salesman"?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

"Many of the parallels are conceptual or poetic"

And on that note I am away to tell the missus through the medium of dance that I want a curry tomorrow night.

Comment

Whether he existed or not is of little importance.

If not then the sheep will find a way to rationalise it to keep their dream alive (as they do with all of the other mistakes and logical flaws in their bible), if he does then it does not prove that the stories about him were true or that he was telling the truth about the source of his magical powers even if everything claimed about him was true (ignoring the fact that the gospels contradict each other).
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

But who invented the Romans then?
          <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
            But who invented the Romans then?
            I don't know it's all greek to me
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              Whether he existed or not is of little importance.

Do you actually ever think, before you start typing ?
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Sorry I thought this was already known...

The Romans had a documented meeting a few hundred years after the crucifixion and decided between them what went into the old testerment...

There was a very good documentary on it a few years ago

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                  Sorry I thought this was already known...

The Romans had a documented meeting a few hundred years after the crucifixion and decided between them what went into the new testament...

There was a very good documentary on it a few years ago
                  ftfy as I think the Jews may have had some interest in the old testament keeping its existing content.

And to be honest there is a good reason why bits were cut

nd, lo, suddenly there came forth from the cave many dragons; and when the children saw them, they cried out in great terror. Then Jesus went down from the bosom of His mother, and stood on His feet before the dragons; and they adored Jesus, and thereafter retired.

-- Matthew (extended version), Chapter 18
                  And the Gospel of Thomas contradicts an awful lot of what the other gospels say. Remember there is only 1 scene between birth and age 30 during which time Jesus was a famous folk singer.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If they kept that bit in I might read the book

Comment

Working...
                    X