• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ohio judge tells a bloke in court that he's dead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohio judge tells a bloke in court that he's dead

You're still legally dead, judge tells Fostoria man - Tuesday, October 08, 2013 | Courier Electronic Edition - Findlay, Ohio: LOCAL NEWS

"We've got the obvious here. A man sitting in the courtroom, he appears to be in good health," Davis said.

Miller made a decision to leave the state to avoid paying child support, Davis said.

But the three-year time limit on the death ruling is clear, Davis said.

"I don't know where that leaves you, but you're still deceased as far as the law is concerned," Davis said.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Stop paying taxes they will soon change their mind!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I suppose this is where the legal entity that is a persons ID and administrative existence differs from the actual person. Pretty weird really, but I suppose all he can do is apply for new numbers etc to be issued.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        I suppose this is where the legal entity that is a persons ID and administrative existence differs from the actual person. Pretty weird really, but I suppose all he can do is apply for new numbers etc to be issued.
        Perhaps he could, but then I guess he'd lose any rights he'd built up through contributions.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

All they need to do is un-dead him on the system.

Our very own esteemed tax collectors have this functionality available.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post

as I said if he stops paying taxes it will be fixed quick!

Comment

That could be the ultimate tax avoidance vehicle, be declared dead for tax purposes like Hotblack in HHGTTG
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                That could be the ultimate tax avoidance vehicle, be declared dead for tax purposes like Hotblack in HHGTTG
                Forgotten that, thanks just made me smile!

Comment

Could being dead be an IR35 workaround?

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post

He'll have to open an account at a zombie bank.

Comment

Working...
                    X