• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One years guarantee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One years guarantee

Quick moan about so called guarantee.

Bought a cheap Android tablet.

Zoostorm PlayTab PC - Tablets | Ebuyer.com

It's now broken (intermittent fault with lines on screen).

Well, according to ebuyer I have to send it to ZooStorm.

They say "sure, we will fix it, however read our T&C's before you do".

Basically. If they find no fault they bill me £70. If they believe the item has suffered physical damage, they bill me £70.

Feck right off.

So bought a Nook HD+ and chucked the playtab in a drawer.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Quick moan about so called guarantee.

Bought a cheap Android tablet.

Zoostorm PlayTab PC - Tablets | Ebuyer.com

It's now broken (intermittent fault with lines on screen).

Well, according to ebuyer I have to send it to ZooStorm.

They say "sure, we will fix it, however read our T&C's before you do".

Basically. If they find no fault they bill me £70. If they believe the item has suffered physical damage, they bill me £70.

Feck right off.

So bought a Nook HD+ and chucked the playtab in a drawer.
    For next time, throw this rule at them :

Two-year warranty loophole (EU law) | This is Money

I have used it a few times with faulty products, has always worked so far.

Comment

Ask your credit card company to start a chargeback, as it's not fit for purpose.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

This used to be a contractor's playground and now we discuss cheap nasty stuff.

I bought Microsoft Surface and after severe punishment by my daughter every day its still going strong.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

you people

Get a Mac.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

had a similar problem with a cheap tablet from Maplins...

but every time I get a problem I take it back and they swap it for one that is working...

i got it in march and am on my third replacement (well I say me I mean my 7 year old daughter!)

Maplins ftw!

Comment

Yes, it is cheap and nasty, but I wanted to try Android without a big outlay.

What I'm saying now is a lot of Internet retailers offer no after sales service now, just "contact the manufacturer for repair".

In the old days you'd take it back to the shop, show it didn't work and pick up another.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                you people

Get a Mac.
                why is every Post about Scotland?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

What I'm saying now is a lot of Internet retailers offer no after sales service now, just "contact the manufacturer for repair".

In the old days you'd take it back to the shop, show it didn't work and pick up another.
                  Cheap and nasty and made in China is built to last 2 months. Not 20 years.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

You still can - even if the retailer tries to ignore the sale of goods act it still applies.

You entered into a contract with the retailer, not the manufacturer. The act gives the retailer certain responsibilities that they can't get out of.

Comment

Working...
                    X