• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hooray! John Reid will save us....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooray! John Reid will save us....

Reid calls for migration debate
    John Reid praised the contribution of Polish migrants to the UK
    Home Secretary John Reid has called for a mature debate on the immigration challenges facing Britain.
    Mr Reid said: "We have to get away from this daft so-called politically correct notion that anybody who wants to talk about immigration is somehow a racist."

The skills migrants contributed had to be weighed against the burden placed on schools and hospitals, he told the BBC.

Mr Reid also highlighted his proposal for an independent committee to advise on the optimum level of immigration.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5250396.stm

So, now there will be a 'debate', and then the usual organisatios that solely exist because of - and in order to facilitate - mass immigration, will start the publicity campaign to make it out any limit on immigration is a racist attack on the free movement of refugees from opression. The decision will be outsourced to an independent agency, probably along the lines of a 'diversity workshop', made up of politically correct appointees. They will be reluctant to make any decision that leads them open to accusations of racism, and then Human Rights Act will finally scupper any attempts to limit imiigration that do actually take place.
    Vieze Oude Man

Originally posted by mcquiggd
    Mr Reid said: "We have to get away from this daft so-called politically correct notion that anybody who wants to talk about immigration is somehow a racist."
    That would be his own party's politically correct notion he's talking about then.

Comment

And who says liebour doesn't cherry pick policies from the Tories and call them their own?
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
        Reid calls for migration debate
        John Reid praised the contribution of Polish migrants to the UK
        Home Secretary John Reid has called for a mature debate on the immigration challenges facing Britain.
        Perhaps Labour are "preparing the ground" for placing restrictions on people from Romania etc coming to UK next year. Like the Germans & Dutch have done

Comment

Originally posted by Hart-floot
          Perhaps Labour are "preparing the ground" for placing restrictions on people from Romania etc coming to UK next year. Like the Germans & Dutch have done
          If that is true then I suspect there will be an increase in negative propaganda from the BBC about potential Romanian immigrants to prepare the electorates minds.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
            And who says liebour doesn't cherry pick policies from the Tories and call them their own?
            Policies? From the Tories? What policies?

Comment

Now c'mon expat, you know Dave can't tell anyone his policies otherwise Tone will use them. Michael Howard used immigration limits as his manifest last year and liebour used all sorts of spin to make it backfire on him. Fast forward a year and liebour are now saying the same.

Comment

Working...
              X