• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Principal acivities

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Principal acivities

Following on from another thread saying that you are permitted 4 principal activities for your company.

Do they have to be related? Software and Hardware, and networking and.....

Or could you have Software, Social Care, Building and .......

Would be useful if my wife ever decided to go back freelance, as she has nothing to do with software development, my field.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Which other thread?

My different business activities are very different from each other. Contracting and plan B are worlds apart but 1 facilitates the other.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      Which other thread?

My different business activities are very different from each other. Contracting and plan B are worlds apart but 1 facilitates the other.
      This one...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ml#post1822690
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I happened to speak to my accountant about this the other day and here was the response:

"It is possible to add another category to your business activity but you can only do this when the annual return is filed. The category is only used for statistical purposes and so it isn’t too much of a concern if the record is not updated until next year.

You are currently registered on to the VAT flat-rate scheme as IT consultancy. Providing IT consultancy work is still being completed, I would advise leaving this at it is now."

Hope this is useful.

Untouchable1

Comment

Working...
        X