• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guardian's leaks publication a 'public service', says Cable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guardian's leaks publication a 'public service', says Cable

"The Guardian performed a "considerable public service" when it published details of surveillance programmes, Vince Cable has said."

BBC here

This is about that Edward Snowden leaking security information. Personally I think he and the Guardian fecked up badly, and the fact that Cable supports them proves it.

Am I in a minority on here?

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    "The Guardian performed a "considerable public service" when it published details of surveillance programmes, Vince Cable has said."

BBC here

This is about that Edward Snowden leaking security information. Personally I think he and the Guardian fecked up badly, and the fact that Cable supports them proves it.

Sounds like he's frantically sucking up to Lib Dem voters, who almost certainly all think the same.

Said it before, and will say it again, Lib Dem politicians are completely unprincipled back-biting rats, far worse than any others in the UK, despite their carefully crafted agreeable personas.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Sounds like he's frantically sucking up to Lib Dem voters, who almost certainly all think the same.

Said it before, and will say it again, Lib Dem politicians are completely unprincipled back-biting rats, far worse than any others in the UK, despite their carefully crafted agreeable personas.
      LibDems are the worst kind of slime. Wishy Washy hand wringing s.

I bet sasguru is a member.

Comment

Cable being Business Secretary is laughable, the only worse thing I can imagine is Ed Balls being Chancellor
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

BBC here

The leaking is clearly questionable and presumably illegal because of the Snowden's job. But the publication is in the public interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            But the publication is in the public interest.
            Indeed.

Snowden will be the Times Man of the Year 2013 - remember you heard it on here first....

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Indeed.

Snowden will be the Times Man of the Year 2013 - remember you heard it on here first....
              Have you seen todays Times front page?
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                Have you seen todays Times front page?
                Is he on it?

Comment

I've climbed Snowden before, no leaks were involved
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Is he on it?
                    He is

Snowden leaks
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X