• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

E Mail etiquette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E Mail etiquette

I keep getting copied in to emails that I dont have to action in any way. The info is not really relevant to my role.
    I really hate to reply, copying everyone in, saying 'ooooh, thanks for that'

but the chief emailer, always asks me , 'did you see that email'

what do you do ?
    increase the world supply of emails by x10
    or
    ignore the ******

?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

This message is intentionally left blank - do not read.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Suggest they use a read receipt?
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Hate people that do that, normally arselickers in my world that want it to look like they are doing something when infact they are not

Comment

Originally posted by Boney M View Post
          Hate people that do that, normally arselickers in my world that want it to look like they are doing something when infact they are not
          It's about CYA.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            I keep getting copied in to emails that I dont have to action in any way. The info is not really relevant to my role.
            I really hate to reply, copying everyone in, saying 'ooooh, thanks for that'

but the chief emailer, always asks me , 'did you see that email'

what do you do ?
            increase the world supply of emails by x10
            or
            ignore the ******

?

I'm working with that guy! Sits opposite me. Sends rambling and irrelevant emails to tons of people, including me. Hits send then leans over with 'Mary...Mary....hey, Mary? Mary? Did you see that email I just sent?'

I always say no.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              It's about CYA.
              Which in EO's case is a big one

Comment

Just hit reply all and ask him to either quantify what he needs you to know or do or take you off the chain.

Abject humiliation normally works really well.

Comment

Any email that I am only CC'd in there is an out look rule which hives them off into a separate folder to read another time
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    I keep getting copied in to emails that I dont have to action in any way.

He is spreading the blame.

Run away !
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X