• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you manage the ducplication across job boards?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you manage the ducplication across job boards?

Hi All,

I'm struggling to manage applications across the job boards - there is so much duplication in job posts!

I'm just using Excel to record the ones I apply for, but is there a cleverer way?

Untouchable1

How did you apply for permanent jobs when you saw the same role advertised in more than one place?

Seriously are you cut out to be a contractor?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Untouchable1 View Post
      Hi All,

I'm struggling to manage applications across the job boards - there is so much duplication in job posts!

I'm just using Excel to record the ones I apply for, but is there a cleverer way?

Untouchable1
      Email the agencies and ask them to take down the duplicates.
      Last edited by MyUserName; 14 October 2013, 15:11.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
        Email the agencies and ask them to take down the duplicates.
        Aren't you put a winking face or a facepalm or something to indicate you were being sarcastic. The OP might think you actually mean this.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

To the OP. You mean the same agency is posting the same gig on a different boards. Or are you talking about the same gig being advertised by different agencies.

Surely either by memory or by your sheet you can manage this unless you are applying for so many you can't remember in which case I would ask why are you applying for so many? Can you nail every single gig or are you chancing it.

Something here is not right.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Aren't you put a winking face or a facepalm or something to indicate you were being sarcastic. The OP might think you actually mean this.
            No one could be that dumb ... erm ... yeah okay, I will edit it.
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              No one could be that dumb ... erm ... yeah okay, I will edit it.
              LOL That's more like it.

Comment

Hi All,

Untouchable1
                I am not sure what job board you're referring to but to some extent Indeed can do this for you, although not all job boards are linked from Indeed (Technojobs should be, for example).

Another thing I do, I google the relevant part of the role description.
                <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

It sounds like a dumb question (and admittedly isn't my most intelligent ever), but when you consider the time taken to go through all the postings, and deduplicate - taking into account that fairly frequently it's the same job but rewritten by the agent, it takes a bit of time.

ok, fine. No silver bullet.

Comment

Hi All,

Untouchable1
                    Why do you think that you have "to manage applications across the job boards"?

Comment

Working...
                    X