• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Darkie go home?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darkie go home?

Mark Harper tells five-time failed asylum seeker to go home on live TV | Mail Online

flipping heck, that was a little excessive.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Not really.

I'm wondering why, after 5 failed appeals, he's still in the UK anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      To be fair, given that UK invaded Iraq it is not unreasonable that those who fled the carnage from there should gain asylum in UK and USA (as well as other members of the "coalition of the willing").

However Iraq is far away from UK, and anybody running away from there could have stopped in some other country on the way to UK.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        To be fair, given that UK invaded Iraq it is not unreasonable that those who fled the carnage from there should gain asylum in UK and USA (as well as other members of the "coalition of the willing").

However Iraq is far away from UK, and anybody running away from there could have stopped in some other country on the way to UK.
        From the two Iraqi's I met it was an improvement afterwards, power cuts and disruption but not so many executions.

But precisely he could have stopped in a nearer country.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          From the two Iraqi's I met it was an improvement afterwards, power cuts and disruption but not so many executions.
          Sending him back few years ago (like in 2008) would have been crazy, but now it seems a lot better.

Comment

Why "Darkie go home"? That implies a bias/racial element the I don't see in the article. He is being asked to go home based on the assessment criteria in place which have nothing to do with his skin colour.

Comment

Iraq is worse today than when he left.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Ironically if Saddam Hussein was still in place then his asylum case would be pretty solid.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Ironically if Saddam Hussein was still in place then his asylum case would be pretty solid.
                  Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I'd settle for some foresight right now.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    we should have got rid Saddam when he invaded Kuwait.

He was always a nutter, he was just our nutter.

Comment

Working...
                    X