• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things you don't need

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things you don't need

Now I know many women are tulip at parking so parking assist systems are popular but do you need one if you drive a mini?

New MINI technology revealed - pictures | 8 | Auto Express
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Lady Tester complains that she doesn't have a parking 'piepdinges' (English; bleepthingy) on her Fiat 500.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It's not about the size of the car, but the visibility afforded.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        WHS. Some smaller cars have crap mirrors and you can’t see the curb to get it really close without touching.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          WHS, a car that offers a good view of a fit woman sitting in it always gets my vote.

Comment

Had parking sensors on a brand new Ranger Wildtrak. Wife revered the thing into a lamp post. One asking how, was told she knew that once they were beeping constantly, you still had a few inches you could go back. Apparently not...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

It's got ABS too. Which doesn't work coz the ABS light is on.
              That's an instant MOT fail so you need to get it fixed.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy View Post
                Had parking sensors on a brand new Ranger Wildtrak. Wife revered the thing into a lamp post. One asking how, was told she knew that once they were beeping constantly, you still had a few inches you could go back. Apparently not...
                Lady Tester once drove a Mercedes into a hedge, forwards, very slowly and carefully. This, with parking sensors AND a star thingy sticking out on the front. Her excuse was the same.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  It's got ABS too. Which doesn't work coz the ABS light is on.
                  Originally posted by eek View Post
                  That's an instant MOT fail so you need to get it fixed.
                  WHS; get the garage to switch the light off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy View Post

My 5 series had parking sensors on the back, but they proved largely useless to me in the first few months; beeping getting slightly more frantic still meant I had room. I usually waited for the flatline noise.

I would rather a voice shouting 'YOU NEED TO STOP NOW'
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X