• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crimewatch - Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crimewatch - Madeleine McCann

Never watched it, was it any good? Saw a clip where the mother was still in denial about being to blame.

Don't want to give spoilers but there's a shocking plot twist at the end.

Also, I think the kidnapper is probably the one who is to blame.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

They might not be the sort of people liked by the media, but I wouldn't wish this on anyone

Most people with kids will have done something stupid at somepoint (They had kids for starters), that doesn't mean they deserve to lose their child like that or to sufer trial by media
      Last edited by amcdonald; 15 October 2013, 12:17.
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        They might not be the sort of people liked by the media, but I wouldn't wish this on anyone

Most people with kids will have done something stupid at somepoint (They had kids for starters), that doesn't mean they deserve to lose their child like that or to suufer trial by media
        I agree, however they haven't AFAIK acknowledged they made this mistake. I have to say I would never leave my children alone even for 5 mins, especially not to wine and dine.

I see hundreds of people have responded to the appeal, why did they wait till now?

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          I agree, however they haven't AFAIK acknowledged they made this mistake. I have to say I would never leave my children alone even for 5 mins, especially not to wine and dine.
          They did (ish) last night, she said she had been beating herself up for years for decisions they made. She didn't actually say, we shouldn't have left the kids.

Wouldn't wish it on anyone but I could not imagine leaving my child like that. Not ever.

I am sure they are haunted by their actions every minute of every day.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Yeah, what CM said. I'm sure they will be haunted by their decision forever, but they're not duty bound to detail their emotions to the public.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

We stayed at a posh hotel, which said they have monitors in every room, and you can have the other part at dinner. We made it downstairs, with one drink, before we freaked out and had dinner in the room. I'd not wish this on anyone, and I know any parent would be beating themselves up, daily, every thinking moment, so I am not going to be jumping on them. They made one decision, which has changed their every waking moment. I really, really feel for them, as there is no closure, nothing.

Comment

They've paid the ultimate price for their culpability.

Comment

It begs the question then that if you do leave a child alone for 5 minutes and it is kidnapped or even ten minutes? or even if it is kidnapped whilst you are asleep what then? There will always be some judgemental so and so criticising you. The focus of ire from these self righteous pillocks and their "cotton wool kids" seems to be at the Mcanns not at the true culprit which is the kidnapper. Infact I would go so far as to say that quite a lot of people regard what has happened as their "comeuppance", which I find pretty disgusting.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

WDAS

Everyone alive has had near misses, "if only" moments, etc - whether driving, on holiday or parenting. You would have hit the other car if they hadn't noticed, your child falls down and happens to smack their head on the lawn rather than a rock, etc.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X