• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

US Economic Collapse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Economic Collapse

If the politicians can't sort out their differences soon and the debt ceiling is not lifted there could be a default event on the most important reserve currency. Also mark the moves by UK to allow sterling to be directly convertible to the RNB. How bad could it get?

They've already said they will lift the ceiling in time IIRC

Comment

I see it as an opportunity.

Comment

It's a non-story.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

However, did you notice

The time between these revisions to increase the debt ceiling reduces and reduces. A bit like contractions and then one day - boom.

It's like watching the world's slowest car crash and my is it boring.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            It's like watching the world's slowest car crash and my is it boring.
            But enough about the Scottish independence issue
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              They've already said they will lift the ceiling in time IIRC
              And every country that has defaulted - has vehemently insisted that they won't default - right up until they default.

I agree it's highly unlikely, but the problem with leaving things until the 11th hour - is that it only takes one highly unexpected turn - and suddenly they are out of time.

Comment

USA defaulted in the past.

Don't think it will happen this time...

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                  But enough about the Scottish independence issue
                  Except this is not a crash -

It's a rebirth.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                    If the politicians can't sort out their differences soon and the debt ceiling is not lifted there could be a default event on the most important reserve currency. Also mark the moves by UK to allow sterling to be directly convertible to the RNB. How bad could it get?
                    You mean things can actually get any worse?

Comment

Working...
                    X