• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vegetarian recipe to impress

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vegetarian recipe to impress

I'm having a dinner party and the majority are vegetarian, any ideas of recipes to impress?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    I'm having a dinner party and the majority are vegetarian, any ideas of recipes to impress?
    Delia's parsnip roulade - very nice, and if I can make it, anyone can. I used cheddar and a bit of sage as I couldn't get sage derby.

Cheese and Parsnip Roulade with Sage and Onion Stuffing - Roulade - Recipes - from Delia Online

Edit - serve with roasted sweet potato and squash.

Comment

call yourself a chef and can't even make a vegetarian dish?

just bang a carrot in the middle of their plates while you tuck into a large juicy steak. yum yum.

Comment

Indian food.

Vegetable curry, samosas, onion bhajees, garlic naan breads etc.

Google the recipes.

Comment

Get some better friends? Or have other friends but make it clear when you're cooking, you're choosing and if they want a veggie dinner party they can organise it and invite you
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Most veggie recipes can be improved by adding a bit of ham.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              Aubergine schnitzel from the Gate vegetarian cookbook are very good - a bit fiddly in the assembly. Layered as follows and I can dig the recipe out if you fancy.

Breadcrumb
              Aubergine slice
              Slices tomatoes
              Aubergine slice
              Leek in gruyere and cream sauce
              Aubergine slice
              Breadcrumb

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Indian food.

Google the recipes.
                Google? Don't you mean Majestic? AtW will be turning in his bedsit.

Comment

I'd go wild mushroom risotto. Magic.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Indian food.

Google the recipes.
                    was - the Indians have had vegetarian cooking for thousands of years so know what they're doing.
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X