• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hooray! John Reid, errr... has lost the appeal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooray! John Reid, errr... has lost the appeal

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5244936.stm

Home Secretary John Reid has vowed to push for law changes over the right to remain in the UK after losing a Court of Appeal battle over nine Afghans.
    Mr Reid appealed against a High Court ruling giving the men, who hijacked an airliner and flew it to the UK in 2000, discretionary leave to stay in the UK.

He said legislation would "deny people in this position leave to remain".
    The phrase "you reap what you sow" springs to mind.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

The best bit was Tony Blair commenting that the decision "goes against common sense" whilst at the same time his wide mouth frog of a wife reaps millions arguing the opposite.

*****, the lot of em.

Comment

The original court ruling was correct, these guys should never have been sent back to Afghanistan...but they should go back now.

Mailman

Comment

Ah, but once your'e here, you never leave... unless you are white and born here of course.
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
          Ah, but once your'e here, you never leave... <snip>
          Welcome to the Hotel California,
          Such a lovely place.......... (TLG wanders off singing)
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
          X