• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple's new strategic direction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple's new strategic direction

I see they have recruited the boss of Burberry. I wonder who their new target market is?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I see they have recruited the boss of Burberry. I wonder who their new target market is?
    The same as the old target market....

What do you think has changed? They sell a phone that costs $200 to make for $600. They can only do that by not dirtying their hands and entering cheaper markets.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Innit!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        The same as the old target market....

What do you think has changed? They sell a phone that costs $200 to make for $600. They can only do that by not dirtying their hands and entering cheaper markets.
        Interesting article here:

Apple? They Make The Cheap Plastic Phones, Right? | TechCrunch

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          They sell a phone that costs $200 to make for $600
          They'd look a bit silly if it was the other way round. What is your markup exactly?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

2% of China's population buys 33% of the world's luxury goods. Burberry has over 100 69 stores in China (but plans to have over 100); Apple has 6.

In other words, they're going for the same high-end market as they already do, and they've hired somebody with experience in the fastest-growing region for that market.
            Last edited by NickFitz; 16 October 2013, 10:33. Reason: Got the figures on Burberry stores wrong

Comment

But how long before people just buy knock off Chinese iPhones, it's not like they can't distribute them in China

Some of the copycats seem identical apart from having dual sims, and copyright doesn't seem an issue there for anyone infringing western patents
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                But how long before people just buy knock off Chinese iPhones, it's not like they can't distribute them in China

Some of the copycats seem identical apart from having dual sims, and copyright doesn't seem an issue there for anyone infringing western patents
                KIRF Articles on Engadget

Comment

I don't understand why apple don't release a cheap iPhone/iPad that is crippled/lower quality and cost. Say £100 iPhone and £150 iPad. The income they would get from iTunes/app store etc would make it more than worthwhile. People with more income would still buy the top end tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                    I don't understand why apple don't release a cheap iPhone/iPad that is crippled/lower quality and cost. Say £100 iPhone and £150 iPad. The income they would get from iTunes/app store etc would make it more than worthwhile. People with more income would still buy the top end tulip.
                    Because they want to be seen as a premium brand, and its a tactic that is working very well for them so why change

Comment

Working...
                    X