• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Micro Pigs ......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro Pigs ......

With a week off and stuck inside this morning I've delved into the wonderful world of daytime tv.

"Fake Britain". There's a feature on people who've been 'conned' into thinking they were buying a micro pig for a pet which turned out to be a full size porker.

I'm watching these muppets struggling to look after these pigs in their little terraced house gardens (one particular family build a conservatory to house two pigs).

Can none of them see the obvious, and tasty, solution to their problem?

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    With a week off and stuck inside this morning I've delved into the wonderful world of daytime tv.

"Fake Britain". There's a feature on people who've been 'conned' into thinking they were buying a micro pig for a pet which turned out to be a full size porker.

I'm watching these muppets struggling to look after these pigs in their little terraced house gardens (one particular family build a conservatory to house two pigs).

Can none of them see the obvious, and tasty, solution to their problem?
    I think it's the money, as the micro ones cost a lot of money and ordinary pigs not so much. Good solution though; local butchers, £40 and a few weeks tasty dinners...

Comment

And the conclusion was...

... you should get a dog or a cat if you want a pet.

Comment

Micro pig.... making me think of microwaveable bacon.

Bacon... yum!
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Don't start, starving and cant get out for an hour...

Comment

BBC during the day just seems to be lets go somewhere and find out what is for sale... estate agents, foreign estate agents, property auctions, antique auctions etc. About 4 hours a day of this type of program.

I only realised how bad daytime BBC was when I was abroad recently and the only English channel that I could watch was BBC 1. If that was not the first channel that comes up on most TVs they would get fook all watching, yet they tell us it is world class programming.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy View Post
              Don't start, starving and cant get out for an hour...
              I'm just off for an all day brekkie now ..... Bacon, Sausage, Black pudding, mushrooms, scrambled egg, hash browns .....

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                I'm just off for an all day brekkie now ..... Bacon, Sausage, Black pudding, mushrooms, scrambled egg, hash browns .....

Drool.
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  And the conclusion was...

... you should get a dog or a cat if you want a pet.
                  Plan B - Make a fortune selling guinea pigs as pedigree labrador pups
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                  X