• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Food banks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food banks

Should we as a country try to help those who go to food banks? Or carry on helping those like dodgyagent so they can go to countries like Portugal and leave his kids to be mercy of nonces while he goes on the lash?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Should we as a country try to help those who go to food banks?
    The Trussell Trust | Foodbank Projects

worth a read, they supply emergency food on referral. Its not an easy option to get on their books.

reasons vary but a lot of them are to do with the Benefit system or debt.

The Trussell Trust | Real Life Stories
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

There are other food banks around not run by the Trussell Trust like this one and this one and this one

These are actually all better because benefits people are apparently very bad at telling recipients they can go to a food bank.

I forgot Sikh temples are happy to feed people as well.
      Last edited by SueEllen; 16 October 2013, 11:41.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        There are other food banks around not run by the Trussell Trust like this one and this one and this one

These are actually all better because benefits people are apparently very bad at telling recipients they can go to a food bank.

I forgot Sikh temples are happy to feed people as well.
        Indeed there are but Trussell trust were the largest and had some really good explanations of causes.

The Benefits people seem to be the cause of a lot of the hardship.

The Sikh temples are often overlooked. Though I have heard a few find it a bit spicy.

Key point I was trying to make was that Gove is well off as are some of the others. I believe some do try it on but many people are sorely deserving of help.
        Last edited by vetran; 16 October 2013, 11:56. Reason: forgot my point - DOH

Comment

Food banks are good. Don't know about different types but the idea you have to get referred/assessed and only get a limited amount from them means it is not just a source of free food for layabouts.

Quit the nonce stuff while you're at it.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Quit the nonce stuff while you're at it.
            +1

Sorry BP some things just aren't funny.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              +1

Sorry BP some things just aren't funny.
              Some of the stuff passed down to MP last night were far worse. This is just name calling.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy View Post
                Some of the stuff passed down to MP last night were far worse. This is just name calling.
                I only passed comment on this insult, that doesn't mean by omission I approve of the others.

There is a big difference between calling an arrogant twit ASSGuru or suggesting that MP was a bit of a protective mother (I stopped reading the thread at that point it was nosediving) and accusing someone of being a nonce.

Comment

The Sikh temples are often overlooked. Though I have heard a few find it a bit spicy.
                  To be fair if you are hungry, eat Indian food and want a cooked meal that is different from what you are stuck eating it would be a good place to go if there is one near you.

Lots of the food banks are now looking at giving food that people don't have to cook on a cooker or take too long to warm up as some people don't have money for gas or electricity.

Key point I was trying to make was that Gove is well off as are some of the others. I believe some do try it on but many people are sorely deserving of help.
                  I find both him and Ian Duncan Smith too damn smug for their own good.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy View Post
                    I only passed comment on this insult, that doesn't mean by omission I approve of the others.

There is a big difference between calling an arrogant twit ASSGuru or suggesting that MP was a bit of a protective mother (I stopped reading the thread at that point it was nosediving) and accusing someone of being a nonce.
                    What have I missed?

I don't think BP was calling DA a nonce, but the comment was still completely uncalled for.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X