• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody pigs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody pigs

Soooo....

Driving on a dual carriageway at 40mph. Stationary plod on other side (approx 40ft away) parked on a double yellow line notices me on the phone and burns off to pull me over. Pulls me over into a bus lane on double-yellow lines. I say I was scratching my head with the radio front. I never admitted using the phone and denied even owning one (it's a PAYG so there is no contract related to me). He writes on his penalty notice that I admitted it.

Do I even bother persuing this or just fish out the £30 and take the MoT to the fuzz boz?
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

You broke the law. Pay the price. Oh, and try to invest a few pennies in one of those hands-free gizmos, as any contractor worth his salt would do.

HTH.

Next ...
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Let your chaufer do the driving then you can use the phone as much as you like.

ffs why do contractors act poor these days?
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Don't all cars have built in mobile phones these days?

Both my Lambos do. I thought all cars must have.

HTH

Threaded

Comment

My missus picked up a £30 ticket for changing the station on her car radio, the ticket was titled Not Being In Proper Control of her vehicle...

Government targets you see ! why get 30 proscecutions per week arresting burglers and rapists when you can get 30 easier ones. They only show up as prosecutions with no details.....so i looks like the copper is doing a really good job and the gov can boast to the public how its tackling crime....

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/h...re/5252872.stm

Read it and think.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

These things happen ! shouldnt be used as a tool to make us pay up !

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                A lorry driver who was using his mobile phone just before he smashed into a stationary car and killed a 23-year-old woman has been jailed for four years.
                Interesting that he was jailed, but had he knicked it, been unisured and drunk then he'd have just recieved a firm "Your a very naught boy" from the judge.
                Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
                  Interesting that he was jailed, but had he knicked it, been unisured and drunk then he'd have just recieved a firm "Your a very naught boy" from the judge.
                  Obviously the Judge was drunk or very poorly educated.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Thank goodness I dont have a car !

Thank goodness I dont have a wife !

Thank goodness I dont have a mortgage !

Rather than being unhappy because you dont get everything you want, think of all the things that you dont want that you do not have !

Comment

Working...
                    X