• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad Morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Morning

I got up late, to discover no hot water. Cold shower.

I left my phone at home.

I was late for a morning meeting I forgot about. This is because I went to buy cakes [for my last day] and a coffee.

As I walked into the office, I knocked the coffee on the back of a chair and launched the coffee across the room; it hit the floor and made quite a spectacular mess, but luckily most of it had splashed down me which saved the carpet a bit.

I'm wearing a white top, which is now soaking wet because I put it under the tap in the toilet to remove the coffee stain before realising they don't have hand driers here.

I really need a coffee.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

At least its the last day of the current contract, not the first day of the new one.

Are you sure a coffee is a good idea after what happened with the last coffee?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Actually I think you need a spoonful of sugar.

Comment

You poor thing. First things first, lets get you out of those wet clothes.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          I got up late, to discover no hot water. Cold shower.

I left my phone at home.

I was late for a morning meeting I forgot about. This is because I went to buy cakes [for my last day] and a coffee.

As I walked into the office, I knocked the coffee on the back of a chair and launched the coffee across the room; it hit the floor and made quite a spectacular mess, but luckily most of it had splashed down me which saved the carpet a bit.

I'm wearing a white top, which is now soaking wet because I put it under the tap in the toilet to remove the coffee stain before realising they don't have hand driers here.

I really need a coffee.
          Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            At least its the last day of the current contract, not the first day of the new one.

Are you sure a coffee is a good idea after what happened with the last coffee?
            I dread to think what I will do on my first day of the new one. In the first week of my previous role, I got my heel stuck in the escalator and nearly lost my shoe.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            You poor thing. First things first, lets get you out of those wet clothes.

You're the 2nd to say that
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Well at least they will remember you.
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

The wet t shirt competition isn't until tonight!

Slow down, more speed less haste I find.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I've had days like that, so feel for you. Good excuse to pop down to Monsoons no? Last day and all!

In summer, I have a linen suit I used to wear. Once, in 2006 I think, it was rabidly hot, some 34 degrees, so I didn’t wear underwear, thinking it would be nice and cool. I went to a meeting and as I sat down in a chair, my two pockets slipped into the high handles of the seat. Letting my weight go, the trousers ripped down both seams, down to mid-thigh. Everyone heard the rip, but manfully I tried to carry on until I was asked to describe my comments on the white board, which I declined to everyone’s laughter. Getting home was a very embarrassing affair.

Last day, yes, I’d be off to the shops for an hour. Then sit down and enjoy a coffee and cake. And remember, that's 3 bad things so only good things can come form now on.
                  Last edited by Hairy; 17 October 2013, 08:07.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Last day and giving them a wet tshirt treat. That's the way to go. Blaze of glory.

Comment

Working...
                    X