• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British Gas profiteering

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Gas profiteering

BBC News - British Gas to raise prices by 9.2%

Prices going up 9.2%, The owning company Centrica made over a billion and a half in profits and had a 9% profit increase in 6 months. Cretins!

Originally posted by russell View Post
    BBC News - British Gas to raise prices by 9.2%

Prices going up 9.2%, The owning company Centrica made over a billion and a half in profits and had a 9% profit increase in 6 months. Cretins!
    Wasn't most of that on their upstream oil and gas business?. And to put some perspective on it , what percentage is that on turnover? how do our energy prices compare to the rest of Europe?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Shock horror, giant company makes big profit.

Don't worry though, Milliband will stop them.

BTW, some providers are now offering half-decent fixed price plans running until 2017... if anyone is wanting to get price security.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You guys are always increasing your prices, you'll soon be overtaking me. Turning into a national sport this.

Are Ladbrokes taking bets for the next increase, 5/1 on 12% rise on electricity prices on by January 1st?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          You guys are always increasing your prices, you'll soon be overtaking me.
          Currently pay £61pcm for energy for a 3-storey house so I don't see that happening any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            how do our energy prices compare to the rest of Europe?
            An absolute bargain.

Bunch of whining consumers at every double digit % increase.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Shock horror, giant company makes big profit.

Don't worry though, Milliband will stop them.

BTW, some providers are now offering half-decent fixed price plans running until 2017... if anyone is wanting to get price security.
              I don't have a problem with companies making profits, however when their product is something that is needed to live it becomes an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                I don't have a problem with companies making profits, however when their product is something that is needed to live it becomes an issue.
                Like food?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Wasn't most of that on their upstream oil and gas business?. And to put some perspective on it , what percentage is that on turnover? how do our energy prices compare to the rest of Europe?
                  I suspect that UK energy prices are lower than quite a few European countries but they're not really UK companies, the top 6 in order of customers:

British Gas UK
                  EDF Energy France
                  E.ON UK Germany
                  npower Germany
                  Scottish Power Spain
                  SSE UK

I presume that these profits flow back to the holding companies in their respective countries...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Like food?
                    And booze.

Comment

Working...
                    X