• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vodafone shares when to sell

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vodafone shares when to sell

Whats people opionion on Vodafone shares, I got a holding and with prices at 227p today I'm circa 25% up. Not sure if I should just sell them now or if worth holding on to, keep hearing about a special dividend etc but not sure if current price reflects that in that once special div comes out the price will drop ?

ta
    I like big butts and I cannot lie.

I'm not sure you should be trading equities after that question!

Comment

When buying and selling shares

You make a target and get out when you've reached that target.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If your 25% up, sell now, take profit, re-buy and wait for special divi.

Comment

I'm similar I bought at 178p last year and up 25%.
          I'm holding for now.

Comment

I have a average buy price of 163 but am going to wait for the fall out of the Verizon sale and the special dividend, I think they are still a solid performer but may scale back my holding
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Aren't there rumours that AT&T might be Voda ?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                Aren't there rumours that AT&T might be Voda ?
                Yes, once they have sold their stake in Verizon Wireless (deal to be confirmed in December) they will be in a position to be bought out and AT&T are keen to bid for them
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
                  Whats people opionion on Vodafone shares, I got a holding and with prices at 227p today I'm circa 25% up. Not sure if I should just sell them now or if worth holding on to, keep hearing about a special dividend etc but not sure if current price reflects that in that once special div comes out the price will drop ?
                  It depends why you have got them.

Have you assessed what you think the shares are worth? That should give you the answer.

Comment

You don't have access to the huge pile of data that traders have or s[pend all day looking at the screen, the idea that you can outperform them except by luck is just a bit ambitious.

Its worth asking where the money that traders make comes from, and that is found to be what are called liquidity traders, ie people who sell because they need the money or buy because they have to balance a portfolio or whatever.

It has been found that one of the best performing strategies over decades is to buy and hold, this has lower risk, loses less money through transaction costs and increases better than most strategies and nearly all find managers.

Disclaimer : If you take financial advice from some random pimp on the Internet, then not only will you lose all your money, but small children will laugh at you as you walk barefoot and penniless through the streets.
                    My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

Working...
                    X