• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you Superstitious ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you Superstitious ?

It never ceases to amaze me how people can have the same experience, yet come to different concusions.
    I was on the road recently, with a passenger, and we saw a breakdown.
    'wow. thats a sh1te place to bust up, thankfully , its never happened to me' says I

'Youre temptimg fate' says he

'What?' says I

'We will break down now. and its all your fault'

we didnt. so it wasnt.

but where do these beliefs come from ? its all gobbledy gook to me
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

I was in a car a while back driving past Tottenham football club while there was a match on. Tottenham versus Liverpool and there was a group of scousers waiting by the side of the road. Don't slow down, don't slow down my mate said. Why? I asked. Do you think one of them might walk out and get knocked over? That's fate that is.

Nah he said. They're a bunching of thieving ***** and they'll have your hubcaps.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

mind you, just because I am not superstitious, does not mean that I dont believe in malformed, hidious hobgoblins that can infest and destroy an edifice, like a cathedral.
      They usually creep out of the shadows , strike from behind and are generally malodorous and nasty.

If anyone sees one, let me know, I have a 'gargoyle blaster' that I can use
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        It never ceases to amaze me how people can have the same experience, yet come to different concusions.
        I was on the road recently, with a passenger, and we saw a breakdown.
        'wow. thats a sh1te place to bust up, thankfully , its never happened to me' says I

'Youre temptimg fate' says he

'What?' says I

'We will break down now. and its all your fault'

we didnt. so it wasnt.

but where do these beliefs come from ? its all gobbledy gook to me
        You should hear some of the nonsense they talk in the church I go to on Sundays!!!
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
        X