• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PMO - what is it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMO - what is it?

The PMO ladies in this bank I'm at have more attitude than HR. It's glorified secretary work isn't it? They think they are real players.

I'm not sure what they do. So I asked one of the long term
    Staff here and he said 30 years ago they would of been called secretaries.

You can't ask them for stationary. You get "how would I know" and they just stare blankly while they try and make their point passive aggressively.

jeez

PMO
    Project Management Officers

They effectlvely ensure the project runs smoothly, ensure admin is done, ensure meetings are booked, fill in for PM when PM unavailable.

They are not 'glorified secretaries' (although I might add that a decent secretary is worth his/her weight in gold) nor do they have the key for the stationery cupboard

Is it just because they happen to be female that you have decided they are there to run the stationary cupboard and make tea

you firkin bellend

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      jeez

PMO
      Project Management Officers

They effectlvely ensure the project runs smoothly, ensure admin is done, ensure meetings are booked, fill in for PM when PM unavailable.

They are not 'glorified secretaries' (although I might add that a decent secretary is worth his/her weight in gold) nor do they have the key for the stationery cupboard

Is it just because they happen to be female that you have decided they are there to run the stationary cupboard and make tea

you firkin bellend
      PM? There is no PM. This is front office investment banking. Developer is king here pal. You wouldnt survive in this jungle.

These PMOs don't have any useful project knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
        The PMO ladies in this bank I'm at have more attitude than HR. It's glorified secretary work isn't it? They think they are real players.

You can't ask them for stationary. You get "how would I know" and they just stare blankly while they try and make their point passive aggressively.
        They've probably been warned about the cleaner nicking pens.

Comment

AKA Service Delivery Managers, they are glorified admins though on par with company secretaries but usually more with the brain power of HR
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

PM? There is no PM. This is front office investment banking. Developer is king here pal. You wouldnt survive in this jungle.

Interestingly enough I when I was a PM I often got shouted at by pointless d1ckeds because I was too quick to go to development and apparently we had not explored all of the requirements fully.

So actually sounds like just the environment I would survive in - however sadly I no longer PM!

Comment

I would imagine the cleaners would have a legitimate claim to being 'real players' when they meet you in the office.

Comment

Even if they were secretaries YOU don't ask them for stationary that's so 1980s.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I thought that the traders were the kings in the front office investment banking world?
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

they wear nice clothes, are female, look like they boss the developers about and hob nob with management. They are higher up the pecking order than you!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X