• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I need an Arab speaking Python Programmer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need an Arab speaking Python Programmer

...to work for free.

What else do you expect from a pimp ?

The situation is that there's a kid in a UK school who is trying to learn programming but has arrived here only speaking Arabic.

His teacher would like to sort out some online materials like website on Python, etc but of course she doesn't speak Arabic, so can't tell how good or useful stuff is.

If you have an hour or two spare, get in touch, Dominic.Connor at gmail.
    My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

You'd do better to use programming as a means to teach him English. He's going to have to learn some English words to write code anyway.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Surely then he's going to need an OS set-up that types from right to left as well? I've had to set these up for Arabic and Israeli customers in the past and not being used to them, along with NLS and codepages, was a real pain...Get him up to speed in English first.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Not too many Arabs speak Python.. I think you mean an Arabic speaking Python Programmer?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post
            ...to work for free.

The situation is that there's a kid in a UK school who is trying to learn programming but has arrived here only speaking Arabic.

His teacher would like to sort out some online materials like website on Python, etc but of course she doesn't speak Arabic, so can't tell how good or useful stuff is.

Are you sure you are cut out to be a pimp?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

...to work for free.

Why not look for an English and Maths teacher first so he can at least get the basic education he needs?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Is this like the neighbour kid in Down and out in Beverly Hills that nobody speaks to?

Will his dad drive past in a Rolls after I do it and throw me a wedge of cash for being his friend?

Comment

...to work for free.

Have you checked his visa status?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Why not look for an English and Maths teacher first so he can at least get the basic education he needs?
                    That is being addressed by other means, though the language resources provided by LEAs are piss poor. I agree that he should learn English, I believe everyone should learn English even if they never come to Britain, but realistically it will be a couple of years before his English is good enough to understand phrases like "instantiate the functor object", by which point you'll have a 17 yo whose effective education level is that of an 11yo. For better or worse, this poor bastard will have to learn Physics, Python, Maths, History and Road Safety in a language he doesn't yet understand that uses an alphabet be barely can parse.

As Dr. Doodab says programming can be a good place to help him learn English and since speaking English less than perfectly is not a barrier to working in programming it may be a career for him.

No Stek, I have not checked his visa status, I have no interest in it at all.

That is not a "politically correct" position, my rather right wing view is that the success of any country is mostly determined by the quality of people in it. Thus if as a teenager this kid can get up to speed in programming despite the piss he has to wade through, then he is the sort of person I want in the UK, paying taxes and working here, not back home working for the competition and paying their taxes.
                    My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

Working...
                    X