• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rates not high enough? Try this...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rates not high enough? Try this...

This freelance computer programmer's offering exclusive ad space in all his future applications, for as long as he lives. And he's selling it on
    Ebay.

Look Here...

I can't see many clients liking contractor's advertising popping up over their in-house apps... but it seems like a bloody good idea, and they might be able to negotiate a rate discount.

Why don't you try it? Pepper your articles with ads for Cillit Bang or Skoda and then see how many stories you get published even if you offer them a discount.

Comment

Clit Bang? I think that website already exists.
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Blogging

Originally posted by PRC1964
        Why don't you try it? Pepper your articles with ads for Cillit Bang or Skoda and then see how many stories you get published even if you offer them a discount.

That is, of course, what many writers are doing. Using a combination of blogging and google ads. In fact, some say it's driving the rates for freelance writing down - a discount if you like.

Could there be an equivalent pressure for computer programming? If mashups become so simple and easy and applications pop up ads. But I'm forgetting, some freeware is ad supported - there's already a thriving precedent.

Comment

Working...
        X