• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The 12 most liveable cities in Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 12 most liveable cities in Britain

Go Bristol (except for the accent)

The 12 most liveable cities in Britain - The Independent

1. Bristol

2. Edinburgh

3. Cardiff

4. Liverpool

5. Leeds

6. Manchester

7. London

8. Belfast

9. Glasgow

10. Birmingham

11. Sheffield

12. Bradford

Bristol has topped the list of the most liveable cities in Britain, according to a new survey.

Click here or on 'view gallery' to see more images

The city had the highest disposable income growth and one of the lowest unemployment rates out of all the cities that were looked at.

Edinburgh and Cardiff came a close second and third respectively, the Scottish capital scored highly with the second highest average salary at £24,628 and the lowest unemployment rate.

The study took the 12 largest cities in Britain and assessed them on several factors, including salary levels, unemployment rates and life satisfaction. Bradford and Sheffield were at the bottom of the list, however they scored well on life satisfaction.

The study was carried out by MoneySuperMarket, who gathered national data from different sources and made their calculations based on those figures.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Liverpool hahaha!

Comment

Having grown up in Bristol I have to say this survey must have been fooked right up.

Liveable? The place is a ******* tulip pit full of filthy ******* chavs and retarded council house dwelling scum. The council have gone all out to make driving anywhere so ******* painful that it's just not worth it and the schools are among the worst in the country.

Liveable my arse!

I moved to a town on the border of Cardiff 9 years ago. Cardiff is 10*better then Bristol.

Comment

I worked (well, contracted) in Bristol for a while a few years ago. The other week I went there for a gig. It's as tulip now as it was then, though admittedly the Sixties-style shopping centre has bulged out over the surrounding area like a tumour, which probably seems like a Good Thing if you're a Good Little Consumer.

Mind, the surrounding area wasn't much to write home about anyway. But much of that is the fault of the Luftwaffe.

There are some nice bits up in places like Clifton, but of course they're now hyperinflated in terms of property values. Even the flat where that poor girl was murdered the other Christmas will be going for a fortune.

Comment

I've been to all of them, and they're all tulip.

Who else has been to all of them? Scores out of 12 please..

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post

I moved to a town on the border of Cardiff 9 years ago. Cardiff is 10*better then Bristol.
            Shhhhhh.

Don't come to Cardiff, it's tulip and you won't like it. Honest.

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Shhhhhh.

Don't come to Cardiff, it's tulip and you won't like it. Honest.

TIA
              I've been there and I agree.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

1. Bristol - been there a few times and quite like it but thats probably only a visitors point of view

2. Edinburgh - full of middle class stuck Scots and English

3. Cardiff - never been

4. Liverpool - was only there once and that was to leave it (by boat to Nigeria)

5. Leeds - never been

6. Manchester - not bad but too many dodgy looking scallies hanging around the town centre and was accosted by a red nosed Scotsman screaming at me to add another 5 minutes :-)

7. London - excellent but has an inflated sense of purpose, arrogant one could say

8. Belfast - where?

9. Glasgow - used to go a lot between the 70's and 80's, great town and the Pakistani shop owners were great.

10. Birmingham - can't understand them and the town just seems dull, like the people

11. Sheffield - nope, never been there

12. Bradford - drove through quickly as I thought my car was going to get nicked
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  I've been there and I agree.
                  Yeah, sorry about the glowing report - bit phished when I posted. Pondy's right. It's rubbish. Don't bother.

Comment

Spent a weekend in Cardiff. Hotel charged twelve quid for their wifi. For that reason, I'm out.

Comment

Working...
                    X