• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benefit Tourists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benefit Tourists

Oi, I'm paying your dole: Don't mention ze dole! One tenth of Britain's expat population is claiming up to £23,000 in unemployment payments from Germany as benefits across Europe are revealed | Mail Online
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Catch-all answer on DM:
    All this is down to the EU, and has to stop, vote UKIP.
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
      Catch-all answer on DM:
      And by the way, what's the German equivalent of the Daily Hail?
      <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Mein Kampf?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

There isn't one really although Bild could be Thought of as a mix of all the British redtops and tabloids...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

And why not I'm entitled to it.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              And why not I'm entitled to it.
              Do you pay Arbeitslosengeld? If not, like me, then you're not but you can get other benefits. The Mail article, as is usual, is full of inaccuracies, mis-truths, made up bollocks and is not worth the paper its printed on

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Do you pay Arbeitslosengeld? If not, like me, then you're not but you can get other benefits. The Mail article, as is usual, is full of inaccuracies, mis-truths, made up bollocks and is not worth the paper its printed on
                Well we kindergeld + I forget the name but my wife receives a benefit for looking after the child for the first year. All in all that amounts to around €500 a month.
                I don't know why expats would be receiving unemployment benefit out here.
                Do you pay social taxes out here? I've only paid them when going through an umbrella, but not no more now that I'm a freelancer.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X