• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Replacing your landline phone and broadband with mobile broadband

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing your landline phone and broadband with mobile broadband

Anyone done this?

Letter from BT saying the line rentals going upto £18 a month, add £14.50 I pay to Be for broadband thinking it might be easier to just get a £12.90 all you can eat data from Three and buy a 4G MiFi router, rather than having something at home that 4 days a week will be wasted when working away.

I know there is probably throttling on Three but I don't down load that much, might just get a Netflix account instead for any TV shows I want to watch with the money saved.

Has anyone else dumped their traditional phone and broadband?

(PS I AM NOT ASKING IF THIS CAN GO THROUGH THE COMPANY BOOKS)
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    TV shows I want to watch with the money saved.
    If you are that desperate to save a tenner on a reliable wired Internet connection then you should stop posting endless tulip on CUK and earn some fooking money.

Comment

Anyone done this?

Letter from BT saying the line rentals going upto £18 a month, add £14.50 I pay to Be for broadband thinking it might be easier to just get a £12.90 all you can eat data from Three and buy a 4G MiFi router, rather than having something at home that 4 days a week will be wasted when working away.

I know there is probably throttling on Three but I don't down load that much, might just get a Netflix account instead for any TV shows I want to watch with the money saved.

Has anyone else dumped their traditional phone and broadband?

(PS I AM NOT ASKING IF THIS CAN GO THROUGH THE COMPANY BOOKS)
      What does your accountant say?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        If you are that desperate to save a tenner on a reliable wired Internet connection then you should stop posting endless tulip on CUK and earn some fooking money.
        I am a contractor, but I am still northern so a tenner in my pocket is better than in someone else's

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

£18 per month line rental?? They're taking the piss.
          If you can get all the services you want (check Skype etc isn't blocked), then I'd go for it. You probably don't use the landline anyway.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            What does your accountant say?
            **** off!

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              £18 per month line rental?? They're taking the piss.
              If you can get all the services you want (check Skype etc isn't blocked), then I'd go for it. You probably don't use the landline anyway.
              Nope, its only for the broadband, I have used three for sometime, RDP access etc is good, can do a bit of torrenting and even ran World of Warcraft when I used to play without problems

Comment

even ran World of Warcraft when I used to play without problems
                So you can't afford internet, yet you can afford to waste your life playing Warcraft?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  So you can't afford internet, yet you can afford to waste your life playing Warcraft?
                  The bench had a lot to answer for!

Comment

The bench had a lot to answer for!

If you are on the bench you should be focusing on Plan B!

Kids these days.

No wonder British economy is not doing as well as it should.

Comment

Working...
                    X