• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why Does the World Hate the Jews?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

by Shira Sorko-Ram

On March 15th of this year, Abdullah Kuran, age 11, was asked to carry several bags through an Israeli checkpoint at the Gaza border and hand them to a woman waiting on the other side for five shekels ($1.00 U.S.) Unaware that one of the bags contained a 10-kilo bomb, he was stopped by the IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) who discovered it during a routine inspection.

When his handlers (who were watching in the crowds on the Gaza side) saw that the boy had been stopped, they tried to blow him up through a cell phone connected to the bomb, but the bomb failed to explode. The IDF later sent him back to his parents. The officer-in-charge, Lt.-Col. Guy, explained to the media, "We're not going to do anything with a boy like that, an innocent kid trying to earn his daily bread."

Back home, Abdullah now says he does not believe the Israeli army's version, that the bag he was carrying contained explosives. "They are lying," he said. "I never saw a bomb. If the bag really contained a bomb, why did they release me?" A teacher at Kuran's school said the majority of the camp residents are convinced that Israel made up the story. A Palestinian cab driver told the Jerusalem Post, "I think the Israelis planted the bomb there. The Palestinian groups are much more responsible and they would never do such a thing."

Nine days later, at the same checkpoint, Israeli soldiers caught a 14 year-old boy, Husam Abdu, on his way to be a suicide bomber. This time Lt.-Col. Guy told the press, "The boy was fully aware of what he was to do and told us he received NIS 100 ($22.00) and was instructed to blow himself up near soldiers. The IDF's quick action not only saved their own lives but those of 200 Palestinian men, women and children who were at the roadblock." The whole incident was recorded on video.

When questioned, the boy explained why he did it. "They told me suicide is the only chance I've got to have sex with 72 virgins in the Garden of Eden."

Now listen to this! The BBC, reported the incident and accused Israel of abusing the child by letting the media air the attempted suicide.

In fact, the BBC's account was so brutally anti-Israel that Israel's Cabinet Member Natan Sharansky sent a letter to the BBC stating that BBC correspondent, Orla Guerin, employed a "gross double standard to the Jewish State that smacks of anti-Semitism," when she used "an attempted suicide attack by a child to point cynically to Israel's attempt to manipulate the media."

Link here
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Do you hate the Jews? If so, maybe you could tell us why the world hates the Jews. If not, please at the very least correct your headline to say "Why does everyone in the world except me hate the Jews?". After all, you wouldn't want to be presenting a biased account now, would you?

HTH.
    Last edited by Spartacus; 8 August 2006, 00:05.
    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

I guess they are an easy target and have been an easy target for the last couple thousand years.

Funny thing is though...that even though they may be the worlds most persecuted people right through history that at least they don't randomly detonate on busses, restaurants or trains.

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
        Look what they did to those poor Germans in WWII
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Why do they keep suffering these holocausts? Must be something behind it! No smoke without fire I say!

Expect some PC idiot to get offended now!
          I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Chico,

Now wouldn't it be a shame if you sunk into sweeping generalisations of a rather bigoted nature...

Oops, you already have.

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner
              Why do they keep suffering these holocausts? Must be something behind it! No smoke without fire I say!

Expect some PC idiot to get offended now!
              Thats probably right up there with "there is a reason they are the most hated
              people in the world"

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                Thats probably right up there with "there is a reason they are the most hated
                people in the world"

Mailman
                Why did Edward I expel them from England? He asked them nicely to integrate but they wouldn't. Everywhere they go, they seem to cause problems.
                I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
                  Look what they did to those poor Germans in WWII
                  I saw some footage of the Holocaust memorial in Berlin last night. Don't know if anyone else stumbled across it, have a look at the link. I quite liked the look of Berlin. May have to pay a visit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4531669.stm

Comment

I don't understand how the Jews square with their religion. They tell us that God gave them the promised land and that is why Isreal exists. So why do so many of them not live in the land God gave them, surely they should!
                    They also have these designated areas where they can ignore the Sabbath. Now if they can ignore God on one rule why can't they then ignore God on the promised land thing and give it back to the Arabs.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X