• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London house prices rocket 10% in just one month

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London house prices rocket 10% in just one month

House prices in London have jumped by 10 per cent in the last month alone, according to data from Rightmove.

The data shows prices in the capital have risen by £50,484, on average, to £544,232 since mid-September.

The competition for London property right now is unbelievable and I hope unsubstainable. Yesterday my client was gazumped within 45 minutes of having her offer accepted.

London house prices rocket 10% in just one month | News | Mortgage Strategy

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
    Asking prices in London have jumped by 10 per cent in the last month alone, according to data from Rightmove.

The data shows prices in the capital have risen by £50,484, on average, to £544,232 since mid-September.

The competition for London property right now is unbelievable and I hope unsubstainable. Yesterday my client was gazumped within 45 minutes of having her offer accepted.

London house prices rocket 10% in just one month | News | Mortgage Strategy
    FTFY, Martin.

Comment

Even outside the M25, we've got house prices rising faster than we could save

It's scary, it must be horrible for those in their twenties
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

2007 called, they want their bubble back.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          FTFY, Martin.
          Haha - thank you.

Comment

Haha - thank you.
            Important to get these little details right, or you might cause a stampede into the mortgage broker.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Important to get these little details right, or you might cause a stampede into the mortgage broker.
              lol - This is true.

In 10 years of being a Mortgage Adviser, I can honestly say it is now busier than 2007 which when you think about it, is strange. Finance is still not overly easy to secure like it was back then and there are mayber half of the banks in existance that still offer mortgages.

Comment

It has now got to the stage where the housing market isn't governed by supply and demand, prices are determined by accessibility to finance. Being in my 20's (albeit late) it is a very depressing situation but can't help but feel that if I bought now I would end up regretting it.

Comment

lol - This is true.

In 10 years of being a Mortgage Adviser, I can honestly say it is now busier than 2007 which when you think about it, is strange. Finance is still not overly easy to secure like it was back then and there are mayber half of the banks in existance that still offer mortgages.
                  Foreign investment & help to buy driving up prices and sparking the inevitable panic from people who don't want to get left behind.

It's not good, it really isn't.

Comment

The correction will be brutal to those with high leverage, it will not doubt come at the same time as interest rates increase which results in a uppercut then right hook for the London home owner.

Comment

Working...
                    X