• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help needed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed!

As you all might be aware of me spending the time here looking busy. One of the easiest way of doing that is going round to desks and pretend to do Business Requirement Analysis.
    Now there is a particular contractor, who from my very first day has been pestering me. I like to keep my profile low and not splash out at client place. He thinks I am a lowly paid contractor and my agent has stuffed me and always keeps on blagging up. Now suddenly I manage to stumble upon the invoices @ printer, and he is half my rate.
    Options are, I could just stove one on his face, but then I would have to disclose my rate as well, and not many people round here appreciate high paid contractors. Or should I just be laughing in my head when he speaks about this in future, or should I go with all guns blazing?

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
    As you all might be aware of me spending the time here looking busy. One of the easiest way of doing that is going round to desks and pretend to do Business Requirement Analysis.
    Now there is a particular contractor, who from my very first day has been pestering me. I like to keep my profile low and not splash out at client place. He thinks I am a lowly paid contractor and my agent has stuffed me and always keeps on blagging up. Now suddenly I manage to stumble upon the invoices @ printer, and he is half my rate.
    Options are, I could just stove one on his face, but then I would have to disclose my rate as well, and not many people round here appreciate high paid contractors. Or should I just be laughing in my head when he speaks about this in future, or should I go with all guns blazing?
    What would you get out of any of the above options other than smug satisfaction?

Comment

meh who cares....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        meh who cares....
        You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to eek again.

Comment

I wouldn't go there, I'd just laugh internally.

I guess if he pestered me enough, and it was only the two of us in earshot, a throw away " I got the rate I wanted, and it's not like i'm on something abysmal like £his rate+50,I wouldnt even get out of bed for that". might slip out in frustration.

However, you then run the risk of them peddling the comment around similarly or lower paid people and it ending up biting you on the backside . So I just would not engage at all.

Rates are so emotive. If an individual is happy with what they got then anything else is irrelevant.
          If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by Bellona View Post

Rates are so emotive. If an individual is happy with what they got then anything else is irrelevant.
            Until you find out you are being taken over a barrel by the agent and then it gets a bit complicated!
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You already have the laughing in your head sense of smug satisfaction which would be good enough for me.

And learn the lesson - beware of what you leave on printers!

Comment

I find it highly inappropriate and unprofessional to discuss rate with anyone other than my agent (client if direct).

Comment

Next time he mentions rates just tell him you are paying for your 3 exs', saving up for your dream farm or something equally as mad then continue to spin the story.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
                    What would you get out of any of the above options other than smug satisfaction?
                    Basically he gets to tell everyone on CUK that he is on more than the other guy, or am I missing something here
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X