• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas party invite - do you accept?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas party invite - do you accept?

All,
    Just wondering whether you accept such an invite or do you decline due to IR35 concerns?

Originally posted by BjornMorg View Post
    All,
    Just wondering whether you accept such an invite or do you decline due to IR35 concerns?
    You've been invited. That's the IR35 fail. Whether you go or not is irrelevant.

Comment

The fact that you have been invited in the first place says something about your IR35 status - I wouldn't expect my employer to invite the plumber that came out to fix the sink to our xmas party.

Hope this helps!
      Craig

Comment

Was not invited personally, an email was sent to the Leeds Office, saving grace is that the event is subsided for permies but "associates" have to pay full price
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig at Nixon Williams View Post
          The fact that you have been invited in the first place says something about your IR35 status - I wouldn't expect my employer to invite the plumber that came out to fix the sink to our xmas party.

Hope this helps!
          Craig
          True my current place didn't invite contractors to their xmas party, the permies assumed we'd be gutted and couldn't understand why we were happy not to be!

Comment

I would rather staple my eyelids to the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
              True my current place didn't invite contractors to their xmas party, the permies assumed we'd be gutted and couldn't understand why we were happy not to be!
              Perhaps they'll be gutted when they don't get invited to your company's Christmas party?!

Comment

Have a contractors "business meeting", get the Dom Perignon on tap, and expense the lot!
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

+1.

Though I have once or twice been smuggled in or twice on someone's ticket if they couldn't make it.

I just had to rely on the doorman not knowing Big Frank from Facilities...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I've actually been invited this year and as IR35 doesn't affect me (and I have no clue what it is) I think I might go. Its not really a party as you have to pay for most of it yourself. first stop is a trendy Italian for food, second stop is the Weihnachtsmarkt for booze (Gluhwein, which I can't stand so I'll just drink the alternative, hot schnapps), third stop will probably be the pub. On the other hand I might not go as it'll be outside and cold and snowy and I'll probably turn up late the next day thus losing out on money...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X