• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Every breath you take...I'll be watching you ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every breath you take...I'll be watching you ....

Davis calls for police to wear cameras after 'plebgate' - ITV News

Police with cameras on all the time.

Good or bad?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Davis calls for police to wear cameras after 'plebgate' - ITV News

Police with cameras on all the time.

Good or bad?
    I often wandered why they don't have cameras or something on their guns?

All the time though, I guess it might be good idea as it will help with clarifying what happened. Sounds like it might be harsh for the police though - presumably only relevant bits will be accessed and videos of them on the toilet etc will not start appearing on the web.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
      I often wondered why they don't have cameras or something on their guns?
      Because then they would have to keep pointing their guns at people?
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Isn't it like 'Cops with Cameras' on telly?

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Because then they would have to keep pointing their guns at people?
          Yes but that is already standard procedure when you are threatening to shoot someone.

At least it was the last time I was doing it.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
            I often wandered why they don't have cameras or something on their guns?

All the time though, I guess it might be good idea as it will help with clarifying what happened. Sounds like it might be harsh for the police though - presumably only relevant bits will be accessed and videos of them on the toilet etc will not start appearing on the web.
            I am sort of expecting the recording to be encrypted and accessible only by authorised personnel.

It would fix stop & search being racially biased and I was tasered / assaulted a police office while unconscious events.

not that when caught red handed the Police would actually fire anyone.

Agree on the guns, I can't understand why the minute it comes off safety it doesn't start recording.

Comment

The local litter wardens already have shoulder/chest mounted cameras. They wander around the highstreet issuing £75 fines for anyone dropping a fag end.

Is there a down side?

Comment

With the advent of wearable technology such as google glass, everyone will be recording everything.

The police will then start recording to counteract public recordings / accusations

It seems a bit Orwellian & a concern is that everyone will start acting nice in public out of fear, which will lead to repressed resentment, which in turn leads to all sorts of mental tulip
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                  With the advent of wearable technology such as google glass, everyone will be recording everything.

The police will then start recording to counteract public recordings / accusations

It seems a bit Orwellian & a concern is that everyone will start acting nice in public out of fear, which will lead to repressed resentment, which in turn leads to all sorts of mental tulip
                  If you've nothing to hide...

Comment

Halo has a point, though I think the use of cameras will bring higher conviction rates.

Comment

Working...
                    X