• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC/DV Clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC/DV Clearance

How do these agencies get away with it????

"The ideal candidate
    will have a current and valid DV security
    clearance (or be prepared to go through vetting)"

It's the last bit in brackets that hacks me off!! OK my Clearance was valid through to 2008, but I haven't used it for 14 months...so It has lapsed.
    Do they view me as a risk now!...........It cannot be that hard to renew!

All the Agents I have spoken to are not interested anymore...And surely that cannot be legal!

AHHHH!

No its not legal and the only way around it would be for the agents to show some backbone and TELL their clients this is illegal. If their clients then found no one willing to work with them then they would change their ways.

But you and I know this will never happen.

Mailman

Comment

Makes my blood boil....
      "(or be prepared to go through vetting)"

Just to cover there arse! But absolutely meaningless

Comment

Why is that so annoying?

For MOD and other jobs you have to be cleared. If you are not already cleared you need to be. If you are not willing to be cleared then there is no point applying.

If the ad said must be cleared without the later proviso then they would be breaking the rules.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
          Why is that so annoying?

For MOD and other jobs you have to be cleared. If you are not already cleared you need to be. If you are not willing to be cleared then there is no point applying.

If the ad said must be cleared without the later proviso then they would be breaking the rules.

Because my dear pistol spinning friend they have no intension of putting forward anyone who is "willing to be cleared"

Comment

Probably doesn't help but I've been pushing this through other channels for a while now, in the hope I can get someone big enough to tell HMG the level of abuse they are facing. Snag is, most of the HMG departments are aware of it already, so I'm not holding my breath. The line I'm pushing is that it is restraint of trade since I am not competing on a level basis (I've also held SC and will be able to get it again very easily so we are at least a bettter bet than someone who has never held clearance), and that is against EU law.

Incidentally there is another variant appearing - "...or have worked on a secure site in the last 12 months"...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Because it doesnt take a numpty to realise that they wont touch anyone who doesnt hold a SC LG.

Mailman

Comment

Well where do I sign?

Who are you complaining at?

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                  Because it doesnt take a numpty to realise that they wont touch anyone who doesnt hold a SC LG.

Mailman
                  Gentlemen. I do believe you are talking out of your collective arses.

If you are the best man for the job or the only man applying then they will put you forward.

I do not have SC but have been put forward for SC jobs and the client is willing to wait.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Ditto

Not really a problem. If you've had BC/SC/DV before you are a likely candidate full stop. Rest of it is agent 'merde'. Plus anyone ex-military or civil service is also likely to get it, so don't be put off by any wakners.

Comment

Working...
                    X